Born in Thrangali, Ottappalam 1958
A Self-taught Artist
Did a Foundation course of Drawing and Painting from Kanoria Centre for Arts, Ahmadabad, 1990-1991.
ON MY WORKS
My works are revelations stanching out from personal experience. I am unable to spot out the sprouts from where it originates, of which I could only say that it has an affinity to my experiences. Before it transcends itself to iconic conventions. I often attempt to make them narratives. I narrate these stories to myself. These exercises emancipate me from the trauma of these experiences. That enables me to utilize the ornate style of a narrator while drawing back the experiences to canvases. That helps me to escape from the mundane to the freedom of the imaginary world.
North Indian Miniatures, Mural paintings and the picturesque landscapes of Kerala have its bearing on my art.
Art Gallery Links
- 2006 Drawing – Mixed Media
- 2006 Paintings – Water Color on Paper
- 2009 Paintings – Oil on Canvas
- 2010 Paintings – Oil Canvas
- 2010 Paintings – Water Color on Paper
- Acrylic on Canvas
- Drawings on 2006 – Pencil on Paper
- Drawings on 2013 – Pen and Ink on Paper
- Drawings on 2013 – Watercolor on Paper
- Mother and Others
- New Works – Oil on Canvas
- New Works – Pencil on Paper
- New Works – Pen and Ink on Paper
- The Bird and
- The Boy, The Ponds, and Others